Chair of the Directing Board: Adrian Jäggi
Vice-Chair of the Directing Board: Frank Flechtner
Analysis Center Coordinator: Ulrich Meyer
COST-G combines the gravity field solutions of various analysis centers (ACs). Currently, solutions are provided for GRACE and Swarm. In the near future also solutions of GRACE-FO will be processed and combined.
The combination procedure in reprocessing mode consists of four major steps:
- Harmonization: the various solutions are transformed to a common system
- Quality control: the signal content as well as the noise content is evaluated in order to eliminate biased solutions and/or outliers.
- Combination is performed on two levels:
Solution level, i.e. the spherical harmonic coefficients are combined using variance component estimation (VCE); details can be found in Jean et al. (2018) :
- Normal-EQuation-level (NEQ), i.e. the normal equations fo the analysis centers are combined; details can be found in Meyer et al. (2019):
- Solution level, i.e. the spherical harmonic coefficients are combined using variance component estimation (VCE); details can be found in Jean et al. (2018) :
- Internal and external validation ensure the quality of the product
Read more on the history and the background of COST-G in the section introduction.
Details on the structure are outlined in the section consortium.